Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Shoes

Britton's shoes that he left on the front porch last Thanksgiving
 My sweet nephew Britton passed away almost a year ago.  I just wanted to share a little bit about this amazing boy because he was someone that you could never forget.  Britton loved hot dogs and corn dogs.  I used to play a song called "Corn dogs" by Ryan Shupe and the Rubber band.  He would sing it at the top of his lungs.  Once he told me that he thought that song was made made just for him.  Britton was smart, silly, and happy.  There were three different types of Britton.  Happy, Sad,and Mad Britton.  Everyday, the minute he woke up, you knew which Britton you were going to get that day.  :)  Britton loved his toys.  He always knew where every single toy that he owned was,  at all times.  I remember one time he dropped a Dinosaur at our cabin.  He insisted a year later that we go look for it and he knew right where he dropped it. He loved his bike, policemen and fire fighters. Britton was a very giving person.  He would always make sure his brothers and sister were taken care of before he would do anything for himself.  Britton loved his cousins and family.  He loved his Mom and was his Dad's best friend.  Britton loved his Sponge Bob footy pajamas along with his cowboy boots.  Britton loved being a cowboy.  Last year at this time, he would come home everyday change into his cowboy outfit, complete with vest and boots.  Britton loved jokes and making people laugh.  His favorite joke was, What did the beaver say to the other beaver........shut the dam door!! I don't know what was more funny, the joke or the fact that he couldn't tell it without laughing.  

Britton and his BEST FRIEND
These are only a few things on the list of things that I love about Britton.  I miss him more than anyone could ever know. This past year has been the most trying year of my life. I never imagined that I would lose a nephew/son in my life. Britton was like mine.  I was with him almost everyday since he was born.   Keli always said that there was something about Britton that made him special. I always believed it too.  He was such an amazing little kid and I can only imagine the accomplishments he is making in heaven.  I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and eternal families.  Britton placed the Bar very high when he passed away.  But I know I will be with him again one day.  Britton, you are my hero, I miss your smile, your laugh, and just YOU!! I hope you are proud of all of us here on earth. I am sure proud of you. Love Stacy 

No comments: