Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Y!!!

Last weekend my brother Scott called and asked me if I would want to go and hike the Y with him!! I was so excited not just to hike the Y but to spend time with him!! My Dad passed away 17 years ago and so on the anniversary of his passing Scott decided that he wanted to do something that my Dad always said he wanted to do!! I am just glad that he chose me to share it with!! We started up the mountain at 7:30 and man was I excited!! About half way up I was wondering why in the heck I wanted to do this!! It is so so steep!! But I kept on going cause I didn't want to look like a BABY!! Anyways we made it to the top!! Oh and I am so so glad that I stuck with it!! The view was amazing!! It was so awesome to look out over the valley!! I was so excited that I did it I called my mom and woke her up to tell her that we made it!! I don't think she was too happy cause it was still early!! In all it took us about 45 minutes to get up and 20 to get down!! After we got down Scott took me around BYU campus!! It is a beautiful place never really noticed being a UTAH fan and all!! Then we went to Beto's and shared a breakfast burrito!! I had so much fun spending time with my brother!! He reminds me a lot of my Dad!! He is an amazing person and and the best example!! I love you Scott!! I can't wait to do it again!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is so sweet. What a great way to remember your dad. What a great big brother. Sounds like a keeper.